Mississauga Kerala Association Children’s Painting Festival 2011
Universally, Children’s Day is celebrated on November 20th, every year. In India, this day is celebrated on November 14th, the date that marks the birthday of India’s first Prime Minister – Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru as a tribute for his love for children. Mississauga Kerala Association is celebrating Children’s Day once again this year with a Painting Festival as a day of fun and frolic for our younger ones. Parents are encouraged to get their kids signed up as this is a celebration of childhood, children and all the innocence and beauty which they bring along! Given below are the details for the registration:
• Time: from 10.00 am to 1pm on Saturday Nov. 12, 2011
• Location: Edenrose Public School, 1342 Edenrose Street, Mississauga
• Entrance Fee: $2.00 per child
The ONE HOUR Painting competition is divided in to three groups:
• Group 1 is for pre-schoolers to Grade 2
• Group 2 is for school children from Grade 3 to Grade 6
• Group 3 is for school children Grade 7 and up.
To register please send an email to mka@mississaugaKeralaAssociation.com or phone one of the following persons:
• Rose Johnson:289 997 2815
• Muralee Valappil:905 712 0052
• Mercy Elengikal : 905 997 0176
• 10.00 am – School Gymnasium opens
• 10.00 – 10.30 am – Preparation of hall by volunteers.
• 10.30 am – Children arrive and registration starts
• – Inauguration by Chief Guest / registration continues
• 11.00 am – Painting Competition begins
• 12 noon – End of competition and children can leave
• 12.30 pm to 1.00 pm – Clean up by volunteers.
First and second prizes will be awarded for the winners in each group. First prize is a Gift Certificate for $50.00, second prize is a Gift Certificate for $30.00. MKA Certificates for all Participants.
Three independent judges will mark the paintings from all the groups, one group at a time. Volunteers will tally and add up the marks to determine the winners. However, winners’ names will be not be announced on that day. Prizes will be given out during Mississauga Kerala Association’s Christmas Celebration in December.
Participants are required to bring their own medium for the painting competition. It could be water colour, oil paint, crayons, markers or any thing else that can be used on paper. Paper for painting will be supplied by the association just before the start of the competition.
Each group will be given a theme for painting a few minutes before the start of the competition. They will also be given a few minutes to think about the theme before painting starts.
Since there is no cafeteria in the school, parents or others who accompany the children may have to stay inside the gymnasium itself. We will try to get enough benches or chairs for it. Again, for the same reason we will not be providing any snacks or food during the competition. However, we are planning to give out light snacks to children after the competition when they leave the gymnasium. There is a strict requirement from the school that we keep the gymnasium floor clean. We have already bought tarpaulins to put on the floor to keep it clean. But still please make sure the floor is clean after the program. Please wear non-marking soft shoes inside the gymnasium.
Report by: Sujatha Ganesh