Flaked Fish Puttu
Canned Fish is available all round the year. Flaked tuna or salmon is readily available in cans for an easy dish, that can be eaten as a salad or a side dish with rice or rolled up in a pita. In Tamil Nadu its commonly called Fish Puttu, my husband’s favorite dish, is made of steamed, flaked fresh shark.
- 2 cans of drained,flaked Tuna (water packed)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 5 pods of garlic finely chopped
- 3 green chillies, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place the drained tuna in a bowl and flake them with a fork.
- Add oil to a hot pan. Throw in the onions, garlic and chillies.
- Add salt and saute. When the vegetables are cooked, add black pepper and saute for a minute. Add tuna and mix well.
- Close the pan and cook it on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- You can add sweet peppers, grated carrots and any other quick cooking veggie of your choice.
- Kavitha Ariyath